Thursday, April 10, 2014

Something New.... Again

Changes, changes, changes. Every time I think I have a system that works, something changes and we need to adjust. I recently started taking the KHT Montessori online training course, and it is really helping to ground me and give me some perspective on how to pull together a whole Montessori curriculum. The problem, of course, is that the more I learn, the more I want to implement these new ideas... right now! The certificate course takes 12 months, but I've been able to jump right in and prepare new materials and presentations as they are introduced in the course. I love how interactive the course is, and how supportive Karen is of all of the students. It has been a real blessing to have an expert to answer my questions and provide suggestions as we try new things. I would highly recommend the course to anyone interested in Montessori!

I am still working on finding a daily or weekly rhythm that works for our family. We are fortunate to have a fantastic homeschool community with tons of fun activities. It's hard to say no! I find that we get crazy when we plan too much, though, and that will only intensify after the new baby is born. I'm attempting to put together a more realistic schedule that allows us to slow down and still feel productive. We'll see how that goes...

In the meantime, I'm sorting through some old pictures to find examples of more traditional Montessori works we have already done. I will be posting these pictures with brief descriptions, and then organizing the links on pages by subject to keep track of what we've done. I hope it will be a helpful resource for others as well.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment