Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A Bear-y Yummy Lunch for B Week

M has been on a hunger strike lately. She is clearly healthy, and I'm not one to push food on someone who isn't hungry, but I'm starting to get just a little worried. She is living on squeezable apple sauce and yogurt covered raisins. It could be worse, but I was hoping to find a way to encourage her to eat a decent meal today.

Going along with our theme for the week (Letter B), I decided to try to make lunch a little more interesting. Here's what I pulled together: bear-shaped sandwiches, blueberries, and blue milk!


First I used large and small teddy bear cookie cutters to cut pieces of bread and slices of cheese. I spread roasted red pepper hummus on one side of each sandwich (M happens to LOVE hummus). As a bonus, we got to compare the sizes of the sandwiches (bigger / smaller) while she ate.



I assembled the sandwiches, added a couple handfuls of blueberries, and served it on a teddy bear plate. I added two drops of blue food coloring to her glass of milk too!


The blueberries were already gone by the time I remembered that we had a blue twisty straw. This fun lunch was gobbled up, and only a small bite of sandwich was left over. Success!


No comments:

Post a Comment